The P8000 Cartridge series delivers the most flexible design, adaptable functionality and manageable savings of any line matrix printer. The Open Pedestal models combine a small rolling footprint with ease of forms retrieval:
- Compact enough to move around in just about any industrial environment
- Optional acoustic shroud offers comfortable noise reduction without impeding quick access to print jobs
- Seamless integration into your current workflow will enable you to reap the benefits from the improved reliability, productivity and environmental advantages
- Unmatched durability and superior print quality resulting from patented technologies and a choice of speeds to handle your company’s individual printing requirements and challenges
- Configurations and printing speeds ranging from 500 to 1,000 lines per minute
Flexible Design. Printronix modified its industry-leading line matrix technology to address evolving user requirements.
- Sheet metal promotes increased durability and quieter acoustics
Adaptable Functionality. The P8000 Cartridge series adapts to almost any supply-chain or back-office environment.
- More models to fit your unique requirements including the enclosed pedestal, quiet cabinet and new tabletop model
- USB 2.0 and Serial connectivity included as standard features. Parallel and Ethernet available as options.
- PowerPrint™ delivers improved print clarity and print darkness on multi-part forms by increasing impact energy. PowerPrint is a standard feature on P8000 printers with a 1,000 line-per- minute print speed.
Manageable Savings. The P8000 Cartridge is a smart purchase.
- New backward-compatible cartridge ribbon reduces inventory management cost and eliminates ordering and installation confusion
- New remote diagnostics let you monitor functionality anywhere
- New energy efficiency technology lowers idle power consumption and boosts operating efficiency
- Standard: USB 2.0 and Serial RS-232
- Ethernet – 10/100 Base T
- Parallel – IEEE-1284 Centronics
Character Pitch (characters per inch)
- 10, 12, 13.3, 15, 16.7, 17.1, 20
Line Spacing (lines per inch)
- 6, 8, 10.3, n/72, n/216
- 180 dpi Horizontal, 144 dpi Vertical (max)
- 16.7 mil (.42mm)
- Standard: LP+ (Printronix P-Series, P-Series XQ, Serial Matrix, IBM ProPrinter III XL, Epson FX-1050)
- Optional: ANSI, IPDS, PCL 2, DEC LG, TN5250/TN3270, Graphics emulation PGL and VGL
- 99 plus character sets including ECMA Latin 1, DEC Multinational, IBM Code Page 437 and 850, OCR A, OCR B, UTF8 encoded Unicode
- Bold, italic, double wide, double high, overstrike, underline, subscript and superscript
- NLQ Serif, NLQ Sans Serif, Data Processing, High Speed, OCR A, OCR B
- 30 resident symbologies, including Code 39, EAN 8/13, UPC A/E, Intelligent Mail, Postnet, Royal Mail, Interleaved 2 of 5, PDF 417, Data Matrix
- Printronix PrintNet Enterprise remote management software, SAP device support
- Microsoft Window XP/Vista/2003/2008/7, Linux
- AC input range 100-240 VAC, 50/60 HZ
Power Consumption (typical-maximum)
- P8005 – 280 watts Max 320 watts
- P8010 – 300 watts Max 320 watts
Power Consumption (Power-Saver Mode)
- Less than 5 watts
- Environmental Operating Temperature 50° to 104° F, 10° to 40° C
- Continuous, fan folded, edge-perforation
- 13.6″ (345mm)
- Up to 6 part; up to 4 part for Zero Tear models
- 3” (76mm) to 12” (305mm)
Media THICKNESS MULTI-PART
- 0.025” (0.64mm) max
- 3″ (76mm) to 17″ (432mm)
- For Zero Tear models:
- 7.5” (191mm) to 12” (305mm) for up to 4 part carbon and 6 part carbonless
- 7.5” (191mm) to 16” (406mm) for up to 3 part carbon and 4 part carbonless
Media Weight Single Ply
- 15 lb. Bond to 100 lb. Tag (56 to 163 gm/M2)
- For Zero Tear models:
- 18 lb. Bond to 100 lb. Tag (67.7 to 163 gm/M2) for forms up to 12” (305mm) in width
- 20 lb. Bond to 100 lb. Tag (75.2 to 163gm/M2) for forms up to 16” (406mm) in width
- 10,000 hours at 25% duty cycle and 25% page density
- Standard Life Cartridge Ribbon: 17,000 pages
- Extended Life Cartridge Ribbon: 30,000 pages (Only available for 1000-2000 lpm models)
Page yield based on ISO LSA Page, 8.5″ x 11″ letter-size, approximately 5% coverage
- 35.9” (911.8 mm) with basket
- 35.9” (911.8 mm) without basket
- 25.8″ (655.3 mm) with basket
- 25.8″ (655.3 mm) without basket
- 29.1″ (739.1 mm) with basket
- 19.1” (485.1 mm) without basket
- 115 lbs (52 Kg) with basket
- N/A – without basket
Shipping Printer Weight:
- 160 lbs (73 Kg) with basket
- N/A – without basket
Acoustic Noise (dBA) per ISO 7779:
- P8005: 60.5
- P8010: 65.5
Supplies & Accessories
Cartridge Ribbon Family
Standard and Extended Life Cartridges are available to match customer’s print volume and budget requirements. Available for P8000 / P7000 Cartridge Series Line Matrix Printers.
Low Rear Tray
This output tray is ideal for large print runs. An adjustable back bar keeps the paper aligned and neatly organized.
High Rear Tray
This tray is ideal for applications where output is limited to short runs. The tray is located near the top of the printer, allowing easy access to the output from the front.
Reduce noise by 2dBA with this easy to install option. The shroud features a self-guiding paper path and easy tilt away design for ready access to the media.
Question: What is new with the P8000 Cartridge Printer series?
Answer: The series builds upon the workhorse tradition of all Printronix line matrix technology and establishes the P8000 as the go-to solution when flexible design, adaptable functionality and manageable savings are required. Printronix’s P8000 series includes two new modular printers; the Tabletop with the smallest footprint and greatest portability in the series; and the Enclosed pedestal for customers looking for a quiet, dependable pedestal style printer for use in office environments with space limitations. Additional design enhancements include new sheet metal designs that promote improved durability and acoustics, and a new easy to use interface with larger LCD screen, graphical display and intuitive menu navigation. Keeping pace with current technology requirements, the P8000 series added USB 2.0 as a standard feature and expanded its remote diagnostics capabilities for even greater printer control. The P8000 series delivers improved functionality, the broadest flexibility, greatest compatibility and lowest ownership cost of any print technology.
Question: What is PowerPrint™?
Answer: PowerPrint is a new feature that delivers improved print clarity and print darkness on multi-part forms by increasing impact energy. Now the last page of a multi-part form is as easy to read as the first. PowerPrint is included as a standard feature on 1,000 line-per-minute models of the P8000.
Question: What types of companies and applications will benefit most from the P8000 Cartridge Printer series?
Answer: The P8000 series are ideal for manufacturing, distribution and logistics, government, banking and automotive companies that need to print invoices, product shipment and transportation documentation, bank statements and product compliance labels
Question: What types of printer choices are available in the P8000 Cartridge Printer series?
Answer: The P8000 Cartridge Printer series of line matrix printers features four distinctive product families and provides more variety to configure just the right solution for any industrial printing challenge.
- The flagship model in the series, the Open Pedestal is a dependable line matrix printer that delivers maximum uptime and lowest total cost of ownership.
- With the new Tabletop line matrix printer, you gain the smallest footprint, maximum portability, and low total cost of ownership.
- The Cabinet is your choice when reducing noise within your industrial printing environment is an objective. The Cabinet model also offers the most paper loading options.
- The Zero Tear is the specialized line matrix printer for customers using multipart and serialized documents that require print-on-demand, single-form, tear-off usability.
Question: What are the differences between the cartridge printers and earlier P5000 and P7000 spool models?
Answer: Installation of cartridge ribbons is faster and cleaner than spool ribbons. This saves time, reduces load errors and requires less specialized job training. Compared to previous generations of line matrix spool ribbons, the P8000 Cartridge Printer generates savings of up to 30 percent of the consumable cost per page. Cartridge ribbons also have a higher yield than spool ribbons in most applications.
Question: Can a new P8000 Cartridge Printer replace a serial matrix printer?
Answer: Yes. All P8000 printers support the most common serial matrix printer emulations. Our Zero Tear model would be a drop-in-place, print-on-demand replacement with a lower total cost of ownership.
Question: How does line matrix cartridge printing compare to laser printing for industrial applications?
Answer: Line Matrix Cartridge printers offer significant benefits over laser printers in terms of energy savings, cost per page, reliability in industrial environments and media flexibility (multipart forms, oversize media, peel-off labels or card stock). Every aspect of the line matrix printer is designed to deliver higher reliability, fast throughput, and greater resistance to rough handling and hazardous environmental conditions. In addition to energy savings, and substantially lower consumables cost, line matrix printers also have a much longer life cycle than laser printers. When you factor all these elements, line matrix provides a substantially lower total cost of ownership over the life of the product.
Question: What are the environmental advantages of line matrix printing?
Answer: The Printronix P8000 series is built to last for years and years, unlike shorter life-cycle products, such as laser and serial printers. Line matrix printers are engineered with features that promote less energy consumption and generate less waste. Additional environmental advantages include less consumables waste, ability to print on media with a higher recycled content, and no fine particulate emissions.
Question: What remote printer management capabilities does the P8000 series offer?
Answer: Printronix PrintNet Enterprise remote management software, included with optional Ethernet, provides remote visibility to printer status and ribbon life for every printer on the network, in addition to allowing for remote downloading of configurations, firmware updates, and resource files to multiple printers simultaneously.
Question: How can I remotely manage my printer from another location?
Answer: PrintNet Enterprise™ software gives you control of your entire global printing network from any network connected computer. For maximum uptime, you can designate events and select to be alerted to printer issues via email or mobile phone alerts.
Question: What is the product warranty?
Answer: Warranties vary by product and can be viewed by visiting the Services and Support page on our website.
Question: Does Printronix offer an extended warranty?
Answer: Printronix offers various extended warranties and maintenance contracts. Please contact your local Printronix sales representative to see what choices are available in your area.
Question: What cartridge ribbons are available for the P8000 Cartridge Printer series of line matrix printers?
Answer:The P8000 Cartridge Printer ribbon lineup provides customers choice and flexibility to manage consumable costs. Customers can chose from the following options to match their print volume and budget:
- P8000 Standard Life Cartridge – Single Pack
- It’s the lowest cost per purchase for customers with restrictive budget. This cartridge ribbon fits 500 lpm P8000 & P7000 Cartridge printer models.
- P8000 Extended Life Cartridge – SinglePack
- For customers seeking a lower operating cost per page. This cartridge ribbon fits all P8000 & P7000 Cartridge printer models.
- P8000 Extended Life Cartridge – Four Pack
- For customers with budget flexibility and seeking the lowest operation cost. This cartridge ribbon fits all P8000 & P7000 Cartridge printer models.
Question: Are the P8000 ribbon cartridges backward compatible?
Answer: Yes, ribbon cartridges for the P8000 are backward compatible with P7000 printers, offering you reduced inventory management costs and simplified ordering.
Question: What is the page yield for the P8000 cartridge ribbons?
Answer: The Standard Life cartridge page yield is 17,000 pages and the Extended Life cartridge page yield is 30,000 pages.