- Extremely high maximum monthly workload to meet & exceed the most demanding print requirements
- Dependable operation in harsh environments withstanding humidity, extreme temperatures, and airborne contaminants
- Durable sheet metal cabinetry and sealed electronic componentry
- Media flexibility including multi-part, wide format, labels, card stock, and recycled media
- Flexible connectivity with standard support for Ethernet 10/100BaseT, USB 2.0, and Serial RS-232
- Ultra-low consumables cost per page is around 1/5th that of laser
- Powerful remote management for printer configuration, firmware downloads, and diagnostics
- Consumes less energy than laser, while generating far less consumables waste
- Standard: USB 2.0, Serial RS-232, Ethernet 10/100BaseT
- Optional: Parallel – IEEE 1284 Centronics
Character Pitch (characters per inch)
- 10, 12, 13.3, 15, 16.7, 17.1, 18, 20
Line Spacing (lines per inch)
- 6, 8, 9, 10.3, n/72, n/216
- 120 dpi Horizontal, 144 dpi Vertical (max)
- 16.7 mil (.42mm)
- Standard: LP+ (Printronix P-Series, P-Series XQ, Serial Matrix, IBM ProPrinter III XL, Epson FX-1050), ANSI, PCL 2, TN5250/TN3270, Graphics Emulation PGL & VGL; TG: Tally ANSI (Tally Industrial Graphics), Genicom ANSI, Printronix P600 (QMS Code V) / P5000 / P6000 (PGL – TG Version), Epson FX-1180, IBM ProPrinter, MTPL (Tally Dot Matrix), HP2564C (PCL3), DEC LG01 (text only)
- Optional: IPDS, DEC LG (text & graphics)
- OpenPrint Standard Ghostscript Postscript (Level 3 compatible), PDF (Level 1.7 compatible), Printronix PJL
- 99 plus character sets including ECMA Latin 1, DEC Multinational, IBM Code Page 437 and 850, OCR A, OCR B, UTF8 encoded Unicode
- Bold, italic, double wide, double high, overstrike, underline, subscript and superscript
- NLQ Serif, NLQ Sans Serif, Data Processing, High Speed, OCR A, OCR B
- 30 resident symbologies, including Code 39, EAN 8/13, UPC A/E, Intelligent Mail, Postnet, Royal Mail, Interleaved 2 of 5, PDF 417, Data Matrix
- Printronix PrintNet Enterprise remote management software, SAP device support
- Windows XP, 7, 8, 10; Windows Server 2003, 2008/R2, 2012, 2016; Linux/UNIX; SAP
- AC input range 100-240 VAC, 50/60 HZ
Power Consumption (typical)
• P8P05 / P8C05 / P8E05 320 watts
• P8P10 / P8C10 / P8E10 320 watts
• P8C15 475 watts
• P8C20 475 watts
Power Consumption (Standby)
- 5 watts
- Environmental Operating Temperature 50° to 104° F, 10° to 40° C
- Continuous, fan folded, edge-perforation
- 13.6″ (345mm)
- Up to 6 part
- 3” (76mm) to 12” (305mm)
Media THICKNESS MULTI-PART
- 0.025” (0.64mm) max
- 3″ (76mm) to 17″ (432mm)
- For Zero Tear models:
- 7.5” (191mm) to 12” (305mm) for up to 4 part carbon and 6 part carbonless
- 7.5” (191mm) to 16” (406mm) for up to 3 part carbon and 4 part carbonless
Media Weight Single Ply
- 15 lb. Bond to 100 lb. Tag (56 to 163 gm/M2)
- For Zero Tear models:
- 18 lb. Bond to 100 lb. Tag (67.7 to 163 gm/M2) for forms up to 12” (305mm) in width
- 20 lb. Bond to 100 lb. Tag (75.2 to 163gm/M2) for forms up to 16” (406mm) in width
- 10,000 hours at 25% duty cycle and 25% page density
- Standard Life Cartridge Ribbon: 17,000 pages
- Extended Life Cartridge Ribbon: 30,000 pages
Page yield based on ISO LSA Page, 8.5″ x 11″ letter-size, approximately 5% coverage
- 35.9” (911.8 mm) with basket
- 35.9” (911.8 mm) without basket
- 25.8″ (655.3 mm) with basket
- 25.8″ (655.3 mm) without basket
- 35.6″ (904.2 mm) with basket
- 25.6″ (650.2 mm) without basket
- 115 lbs (52 Kg) with basket
- 115 lbs (52 Kg) – without basket
Shipping Printer Weight:
- 190 lbs (86.1 Kg) with basket
- 190 lbs (86.1 Kg) without basket
Acoustic Noise (dBA) per ISO 7779:
- P8E05: 58dBA
- P8E10: 60dBA
Supplies & Accessories
Cartridge Ribbon Family
Standard and Extended Life Cartridges are available to match customer’s print volume and budget requirements. Available for P8000 / P7000 Cartridge Series Line Matrix Printers
Low Rear Tray
This output tray is ideal for large print runs. An adjustable back bar keeps the paper aligned and neatly organized.
High Rear Tray
This tray is ideal for applications where output is limited to short runs. The tray is located near the top of the printer, allowing easy access to the output from the front.
Reduce noise by 2dBA with this easy to install option. The standard shroud features a self-guiding paper path and easy tilt away design for ready access to the media.
Question: What is new with the P8000 Plus, and for what models does it apply?
Answer: The Printronix P8000 Plus applies to our P8C15 & P8C20 ASCII printer models, and our 06H and 08H Hanzi models. The features/benefits of P8000 Plus include the following:
- Enhanced Print Quality: The print engine shuttles used by the P8C15, P8C20, 06H models, and 08H models have been improved through the use of smaller hammertips designed to deliver sharper text and barcode definition.
- Optional OpenPrint PDF & PostScript support: In an effort to maximize the investment protection and applicability of our Line Matrix printers, our P8000 Plus models can be upgraded to support PDF & PostScript printing. Therefore, customers migrating away from legacy application systems to modern ERP or WMS platforms can continue to benefit from the ultra-low cost of ownership, high reliability, and environmental tolerance that only Line Matrix can deliver.
- Optional 802.1X and IPv6: As IT organizations migrate to 802.1X and/or IPv6 to take advantage of increased network security, performance, and visibility, P8000 Plus printers can be upgraded to provide compatibility within the new network environment.
Question: What is PowerPrint™?
Answer: PowerPrint is a new feature that delivers improved print clarity and print darkness on multi-part forms by increasing impact energy. PowerPrint is included as a standard feature on 500 and 1,000 line-per-minute models of the P8000.
Question: What types of companies and applications will benefit most from the P8000 / P8000 Plus Cartridge Printer series?
Answer: The P8000 / P8000 Plus series are ideal for manufacturing, healthcare, distribution & logistics, food & beverage, automotive, government, and banking enterprises that need to print single or multi-part invoices, product shipment and transportation documentation, reports, statements, labels, and more.
Question: What types of printer choices are available in the P8000 / P8000 Plus Cartridge Printer series?
Answer: P8000 / P8000 Plus Cartridge Printers are available in the following configurations.
- P8000 / P8000 Plus Cabinet Printers – The flagship of the series, the P8000 Cabinet models are the printers of choice when quiet operation and/or high-speed performance is paramount.
- P8000 Open Pedestal Printers – The P8000 Open Pedestal is the most cost effective choice for environments where noise is not a concern.
- P8000 Zero-Tear – The P8000 Zero Tear is intended for customers printing expensive multi-part forms or serialized documents.
- P8000 Enclosed Pedestal – Our Enclosed Pedestal models combine the small footprint and ease of forms retrieval of a pedestal printer with an acoustically sealed front enclosure for less noise emissions.
Question: Can a new P8000 Cartridge Printer replace a serial matrix printer?
Answer: Yes. For higher volume applications, the P8000 Zero-Tear model could potentially serve as a suitable replacement for serial matrix printers. Printronix also offers our S809 and S828 serial matrix printers which serve as superior plug-n-play alternatives to legacy IBM, TG, Printek, Epson, Oki, and Dascom printers.
Question: How does line matrix cartridge printing compare to laser printing for industrial applications?
Answer: Line Matrix Cartridge printers offer significant benefits over laser printers in terms of energy savings, cost per page, reliability in industrial environments and media flexibility (multipart forms, oversize media, peel-off labels or card stock). Every aspect of the line matrix printer is designed to deliver higher reliability, fast throughput, and greater resistance to rough handling and hazardous environmental conditions. In addition to energy savings, and substantially lower consumables cost, line matrix printers also have a much longer life cycle than laser printers. When you factor all these elements, line matrix provides a substantially lower total cost of ownership over the life of the product.
Question: What are the environmental advantages of line matrix printing?
Answer: For the following reasons, Printronix Line Matrix technology is definitively the most sustainable high-volume printing solution available. 1.) Longevity: The average life of a Printronix Line Printer is 7-10yrs, whereas the average life of a business laser printer is 3yrs. 2.) Consumables waste: Printronix P8000 Cartridge Ribbons consist only of a plastic case, manufactured with 100% recycled polymers, plastic gears, and inked ribbon fabric. Laser printers generate substantially more consumables waster in that toner cartridges and usage kits require far more physical materials, chemicals, and packaging. 3.) Energy consumption: Printronix Line Matrix printers consume around 30% less energy than business class laser printers. 4.) Fine particulate emissions: Unlike laser printers that generate fine particulate emissions during the process of melting toner onto paper, line matrix printers emit no fine particulate emissions, and therefore, yield a safer environment for those working in close proximity to the printer.
Question: What remote printer management capabilities does the P8000 / P8000 Plus series offer?
Answer: Printronix PrintNet Enterprise remote management software provides remote visibility to printer status and ribbon life for every printer on the network, in addition to allowing for remote downloading of configurations, firmware updates, and resource files to multiple printers simultaneously.
Question: How can I remotely manage my printer from another location?
Answer: PrintNet Enterprise™ software gives you control of your entire global printing network from any network connected computer. For maximum uptime, you can designate events and select to be alerted to printer issues via email or mobile phone alerts.
Question: What is the product warranty?
Answer: Warranties vary by product and can be viewed by visiting the Services and Support page on our website.
Question: Does Printronix offer an extended warranty?
Answer: Printronix offers various extended warranties and maintenance contracts. Please contact your local Printronix sales representative to see what choices are available in your area.
Question: What cartridge ribbons are available for the P8000 / P8000 Plus Cartridge Printer series of line matrix printers?
Answer: Printronix offers the following Cartridge Ribbon options for the P8000 / P8000 Plus series:
|Standard Life Cartridge Ribbon 1||17,000|
|Extended Life Cartridge Ribbon 2||30,000|
|Security Cartridge Ribbon 3||18,000|
|Standard Life OpenPrint HD Cartridge Ribbon 4||18,000|
|Extended Life OpenPrint HD Cartridge Ribbon 4||34,000|
|Specialty Label Cartridge Ribbon 5||11,360|
|Extended Life Specialty Label Cartridge Ribbon 5||15,430|
* Yield based on ISO LSA page, 8.5″ x 11″ letter size, approximately 5% page coverage
- Fits all Printronix P8000 ASCII Cartridge Pinter Models (500, 1000, 1500, & 2000lpm)
- Fits Printronix P8000 ASCII 1000, 1500, & 2000lpm Cartridge Printer Models only
- A non-inked ribbon for applications that use carbon forms and require no printing on the facestock
- Fits Printronix P8000H or OpenPrint HD cartridge printer models
- Label ribbons for media with a glossy/shiny finish to help prevent ink smearing
Question: Are the P8000 ribbon cartridges backward compatible?
Answer: Yes, ribbon cartridges for the P8000 are backward compatible with P7000 printers, offering you reduced inventory management costs and simplified ordering.
Question: What is the page yield for the P8000 cartridge ribbons?
Answer: The Standard Life cartridge page yield is 17,000 pages and the Extended Life cartridge page yield is 30,000 pages.
Since supplies are a critical element of your printing system, their design, specification and selection are very important. We’ll ensure that you’ll receive the exact materials required to maximize the performance of your Printronix printer. Genuine Printronix Supplies are pretested and ready to perform – right out of the box.