Our OpenPrint™ Cartridge Series of high definition line impact printers is compatible with today’s modern enterprise resource planning (ERP) environments including Oracle®, SAP®, Linux® and Windows®. It combines the flexibility and enhanced graphic performance offered by PostScript and PDF printing, plus the low operating cost and unmatched reliability of line matrix technology.
With OpenPrint, you can expect:
- High-quality text and fonts without the need for custom coding or complex print drivers
- Consumables that are up to six times less expensive than laser printers
- Reliable, jam-free performance in challenging environments (hot, humid, dusty or cold)
Get a printing system that can stand up to the rigors of the toughest workplaces and deliver connectivity and flexibility – OpenPrint has it all.
- OpenPrint™ P8000HD Open Pedestal
- OpenPrint™ P82000HD Cabinet
- OpenPrint™ P8000HDZT Zero Tear
- 180×180 – 79 inches per minute*
- 120×120- 165 inches per minute*
- 180×90 – 147 inches per minute*
- 90×180 – 147 inches per minute*
- 90×90 – 236 inches per minute*
- *Specification is based on 25% vertical image density, meaning print image exists on 25% of the available vertical dot rows. If the vertical coverage is higher or lower, the speed will decrease or increase proportionally. The width of the image has no effect on the print speed. The highest resolution is t ypically used with high densit y barcode applications. OpenPrint has the abilit y to speed up when lower resolutions are used.
- 180×180-sure scan enabled (horizontal and vertical bar codes)
- 120×120-sure scan enabled (horizontal and vertical bar codes)
- 90×180-sure scan enabled (vertical bar codes only)
- 180×90-sure scan enabled (horizontal barcodes only)
- 90×90-sure scan disabled**
- **sure scan bar code optimization is enabled by default for resolutions of 120 DPI and higher. It is disabled for 90×90.
Dot Size: 11 mil (0.28 mm)
Emulations: Ghostscript Postscript (Level 3 compatible) and PDF (Level 1.7 compatible). Printronix PJL is also included for job control and configuration. Artifex, the Artifex logo, Ghostscript, and the Ghostscript logo are registered trademarks of Artifex Software, Inc. Postscript is a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- Standard: Ethernet, USB, RS232, Parallel: IEEE-1284, Centronics
Fonts: 35 Standard Postscript Level 3 fonts: Bookman-Demi, Bookman-DemiItalic, Bookman-Light, Bookman-LightItalic, Courier, Courier-Oblique, Courier-Bold, Courier-BoldOblique, AvantGarde-Book, AvantGarde-BookOblique, AvantGarde-Demi, AvantGarde- DemiOblique, Helvetica, Helvetica-Oblique, Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica-BoldOblique, Helvetica-Narrow, Helvetica-Narrow-Oblique, Helvetica-Narrow-Bold, Helvetica-Narrow-BoldOblique, Palatino-Roman, Palatino-Italic, Palatino-Bold, Palatino-BoldItalic, NewCenturySchlbk-Roman, NewCenturySchlbk-Italic, NewCenturySchlbk-Bold, NewCenturySchlbk-BoldItalic, Times-Roman, Times-Italic, Times-Bold, Times-BoldItalic, Symbol, ZapfChancery-MediumItalic, ZapfDingbats.
Printer Software and Drivers:
- Printronix PrintNet Enterprise remote management software, SAP device support
- Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/2003/2008/7
sure scan Barcodes: EAN 8/13, UPC A/E, EAN/UPC Addon 2 or 5, Code 39, Code 128, UCC/EAN 128, Interleaved 2 of 5, Codabar, Industrial 2 of 5, BCD Matrix, Code 93, Inverted 2 of 5, IATA 2 of 5, Matrix 2 of 5, Datalogic 2 of 5
Operating Systems: Microsoft Certified Printronix Windows Drivers support Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows 7, and Vista. Most Unix and Linux versions are compatible with the Printronix Postscript PPD printer driver.
Oracle Connectivity: Use Windows or Linux drivers as required.
- SAPscript: Use Generic POST2 driver resident with SAP
- SmartForms: Use Generic POST2 driver resident with SAP
- Interactive Forms: Direct Postscript supported
Power Wattage: All models 354 watts.
ESM Power Wattage: Less than 14 watts – energy saving mode
Operating Temperature: Environmental Operating Temperature 50° to 104° F, 10° to 40° C
Power Voltage Line: Auto Ranging 100-120 VAC, 200-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz (+/-10%)
Media Type P8000HDZT OpenPrint
|Maximum 0.025” (0.64mm)
Minimum as defined below:
3” (76mm) to 17” (432mm) maximum
6” (152mm) minimum 17” (432mm) maximum
Media Type P8000HD OpenPrint
|3” (76mm) to 17” (432mm)
Up to 6 parts
15 lb. bond to 100 lbs. Tag 56 g/m2 to 163 g/m2 thickness
|Type:||Continuous, fan folded, edge-perforation|
|Paper Path:||Straight through paper path with easy-load twin adjustable tractors|
|Forms:||Control 14 and 12 channel electronic vertical format unit, paper-out detector and alarm, paper motion detector and alarm|
|Print Width:||13.6” (345mm)|
Mean Time Between Failure: 8,000 hours
Genuine Printronix Cartridge Ribbons
- Standard Life HD: 18,000 pages; Offers lower purchase price per ribbon plus the convenience of ordering in smaller quantities for moderate use environments.
- Extended Life HD: 34,000 pages; Offers the lowest total cost of printing and longest ribbon life for the highest productivity. Ideal for high volume report and label printing.
Supplies & Accessories
Cartridge Ribbon Family
Standard Life HD and Extended Life HD available for P8000HD and P7000HD cartridge series line matrix printers.
All OpenPrint models have same supplies & accessories available which are found on P8000 counterparts.